Hey girls!! Hope you all have had a good Wednesday so far!
Its getting closer to the weekend! 😀
There are so many blog give-aways today!!
- Jenna has a My Mix Granola give-away
- Fitnessista has a Stonyfield yogurt give-away
- Meghann has an Honest Foods give-away
- Juli has a Perfect Foods give-away
Check ‘em out!
So I’m not officially dairy-free just yet. This will require a trip to the grocery store, which will be this weekend. Thanks for the suggestions on substitutes!
Here are some of my eats for the day:
This mixture contained:
- 1/4 cup oatmeal
- 1/4 cup oatbran
- few scoops cottage cheese
- 1/2 sliced banana
- scoop of natural peanut butter
- scoop of Barney Butter
So good and super filling!
crackers with natural peanut butter…plus a few strawberries!
Dinner was a repeat from last night…salmon with a nice big salad.
For dessert, I had a Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Muffin:
Plus a frozen banana bite. (not pictured)
And now, as promised, here is the zucchini bread recipe!!
Whole Wheat Zucchini Bread: (this makes 2 loafs)
- 3 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups sweetener of choice
- 1/2 cup oil *
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups shredded zucchini- firmly packed!
- 3 cups whole wheat pastry flour (or regular whole wheat flour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1tsp baking soda
- 1tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
* can sub. more applesauce in for the oil if wanted
In a large bowl, beat together eggs, sugar, oil vanilla- several minutes until fluffy. Shred zucchini using a large sized shredding disk. (hint: it isn’t necessary to peel the zucchini…leaving it on adds color and fiber) Stir zucchini into wet ingredients.
In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Add dry sifted ingredients to wet ingredients and stir to combine. Stir in any optional ingredients.
Spray pans with cooking spray and dust lightly with flour. Pour batter into prepared pans and bake at 350 degrees until toothpick comes out clean and top springs back to the touch.
2 big loafs: 50-60 minutes
14 mini loafs: 25 minutes
There ya go! Enjoy!
I hope you all have a great night!!