I didn’t know what busy was until I came to college.
I know I have said this in pretty much every post since I’ve started this semester, but it just keeps getting more and more true, haha. For the sake of going easy on my brain, let’s sum up things in bullet points:
- This week I started training at my new job. I now have an official title as a “fitness tech.” Now they are stuck with me because I have my very own name tag and employee cubby, mwahaha!
<—- me blogging and lifting: multitasking at it’s finest, eh?
- I crammed for and completed two major exams…and it’s only Tuesday.
- I got approved for my first apartment for next semester!!!
okay, so maybe it isn’t that swanky, but it’s still pretty nice and I am in love with it! I have a countdown for my move-in date going on my computer as we speak. I can’t wait!!!! I don’t regret going the dorm route this semester because it’s been a good experience for me to have, but it’s just not something that I personally want to do for any longer amount of time. There are definitely cons to this way of living, so I am very fortunate that I am able to move forward with an apartment.
- The weather has been freezing, so I’ve been drinking/eating my weight in hot teas and soup from the cafeteria
- Cam, from one of my favorite shows: Modern Family was in my town yesterday and made an appearance here on campus. I die. He ROCKS.
- Copious amounts of chocolate banana pumpkin bread have been consumed. My belly is happy.
I’ve still been eating some pretty good stuff, but I’ll admit I’m really starting to miss having a full kitchen. But now that my apartment is “official” it makes it easier to stick it out a little while longer. Plus, it makes going home that much more of a treat!
Eats as of late:
pumpkin egg white oats with Trutein chocolate peanut butter cup “frosting” (just mixed with almond milk!) and sliced almonds
sprouted grain toast with peanut butter and banana = good study fuel
I tried out some miracle noodles recently! Yeah, they look like worms. Yeah, I freaked out my roommate. Yeah, I don’t really care because they were good! This was an easy dorm room meal that I paired with a salmon pouch, steamed veggies, a dollop of cottage cheese, and Annie’s honey mustard dressing. Plus some toast and almond butter!
another new-to-me product, Seeds Of Change indian rice blend (with chickpeas and mung beans)
along with a tuna pouch and veggies. Seeds of Change has awesome products! This one was no exception.
choco-pumpkin protein pudding with raw cacao nibs and peanut butter: 1 scoop protein powder, 1/4 cup pumpkin, 1/4 cup greek yogurt, 1 tbsp dark chocolate cocoa powder, almond milk to mix it up.
Q’s for today:
Have you ever met a celebrity? Cam was my first!
Favorite tea kind/brand? During the day, it’s been all about my old stand-by: Lipton Green Tea. At night I’ve been loving Yogi’s relaxed mind!
See you all later!