Heads up: Monday is Food Day!
Thanks to Leslie for bringing this to my attention. 🙂
Goals of Food Day
1. Reduce diet-related disease by promoting safe, healthy foods
2. Support sustainable farms and limit subsidies to big agribusiness
3. Expand access to food and alleviate hunger
4. Protect the environment and animals by reforming factory farms
5. Promote health by curbing junk-food marketing to kids
6. Support fair conditions for food and farm workers
So make sure you celebrate by eating some GOOD, REAL food tomorrow! And don’t forget to send me some as well, because I will be celebrating via the dorm cafeteria, woop woop! Did I mention I’m counting down the days until I’m done here?!
I’m going to pretend for a second that I will be able to make something really delicious for Food Day. You all are invited to my imaginary kitchen, where I will most likely whip up one (or all) of these recipes I’ve been dying to make:
There will also be plenty of pomegranate and kabocha squash love:
If any of the above photos strike your fancy, and you like to come to said party, please RSVP below. I have to run now, there is imaginary cooking to be done!