It’s Recipe Thursday! Totally just made that up, but just go along. I promise it will be worth it. 🙂
This is a meal that I ended up throwing together on a whim one night, and the result was pretty tasty. I didn’t use very strict measurements, but I will do my best to break it down.
- 1 lb bag of uncooked shrimp, thawed out and shells pulled off
- about 1 cup (or more, just use your judgement) marinara sauce (could also use tomato sauce)
- about 1/2 cup blended silken tofu
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 small container green chillies
- 1 small can of tomatoes, chopped
- small onion, chopped
- couple gloves of garlic
- couple handfuls of spinach
- seasonings of your choice (I used garlic powder, basil, oregano, and pepper)
- your choice of pasta, about 4 servings or so (I used spelt spaghetti noodles)
Start by cooking up your pasta according to package directions and set aside. Then add your onion and garlic in a pan with a drizzle of oil (I used coconut oil because it is one of the safest oils for high heat) and cook until it starts to look translucent. Then add your tomato and green chillies. Cook for a few more minutes before adding in your shrimp and spinach.
Once that is all nice and cooked, transfer to a container to set, along with the pasta:
It will end up being nice and creamy and look like this:
Now you are ready to pour the sauce over the the shrimp pasta and veggies and ta-da:
You can now toss to combine if you would like, but I like it all on top!
See, this is what I love about food: literally anything can be made healthy. There is no need to live without any of your favorite foods! Pasta, cake, ice cream…I eat it all, with my own healthy touches.
Happy Thursday to everyone!